As we embark on the many significant challenges ahead of us this year, POP starts the new year with a new fund, the Cost of Living Community Fund, designed to offer greater support to those who are struggling financially and emotionally.
POP is launching the fund in partnership with the charity OneDevon, and working with local partners across Devon County Council; Plymouth City Council and Torbay Borough Council, to give more money to voluntary organisations that support people who have been disproportionately affected by the cost-of-living crisis.
- Have you got an idea or project that will support residents hardest hit by the cost of living crisis?
- Will your idea or project support those most impacted by the crisis directly or address the cost of living crisis that could be aligned to other priorities i.e., health inequalities, loneliness and isolation
- Will a grant of between £500 – £10,000 help you deliver your idea?
- Are you able to begin your project before 31st March 2023?
How much is available?
A total of about £60,000 is available for Plymouth organisations with two levels of funding available: either under £5,000 or between £5,000 and £10,000.
In their bids, organisations must be able to demonstrate that the grant they have applied for will support the groups above, that they have a clear plan of how their grant will be used, and that the amount they claim will not exceed the amount allocated to them. Groups also must not already be receiving funding for their undertakings elsewhere.
Approximately £60,000 is available for Plymouth, but this will vary depending on the demand in Plymouth and other areas across Devon.
What are the criteria?
The following criteria will be applied to all bids across Devon. In Plymouth, part of our process will be to build consensus about what the local priorities for this fund should be.
- Community involvement
- There is a clear rationale for the project and an identified need.
- The project targets action to enhance the wellbeing of local residents
- Activity has clear aims and objectives
- Total claimed should not exceed total amount allocated
- The project is not being funded elsewhere.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER SUPPORT TO ACCESS THIS FUNDING. PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org.