POP+ supports and leads real, purposeful and lasting change in Plymouth.
Our purpose is to build strong grassroots organisations, charities and social enterprises by supporting them to work together and take a lead role in creating change.
We are driven by the energy, passion and skills of local people taking action to make our society and environment a better place to live. A small team of dedicated staff, associates and trustees do this by influencing, connecting, training and creating opportunities.
Our values define everything we do: we are committed to building and strengthening trust and relationships; collaborating with others and being innovative. With all our work we strive to learn – and encourage learning – through our actions.
- We advocate and support the growth of active citizens and social connectivity
- We have a membership of grassroots groups and organisations who we nurture through our core offer.
- We work strategically to support grassroots organisations, charities and social enterprises.
We are known for:
- Convening and facilitating exciting, innovative spaces in which people connect
- Providing provide excellent advice to grassroots groups
- Being system thinkers and bringing new ways to understands the challenges we face
- Our funding advice & support to members
- Achieving high levels of success regarding funding applications
- Our appetite for risk; our willingness to try new things and to learn as we go