Relationships are really important for resilience. Collaboration and relationships build stronger organisations. It makes joint funding bids more possible, easier recruitment of volunteers and finding skills for your organisations and may even bring about lasting, meaningful and purposeful change in Plymouth.
POP+ therefore wants to incentivise and enable collaboration. Collaboration can be difficult and tricky so learning is crucial to improvement.
So we want to know:
- How will this funding strengthen your collaboration going forwards?
- What are you going to learn about?
- What will you do with this learning?
What can be funded?
This isn’t an exhaustive list, but the following might help guide and give you ideas:
- Providing opportunities to connect/network
- Covering venue costs and people’s time
- Facilitation costs
- Providing opportunities to learn further
- Pieces of research to support future collaboration
- Communities of practice/action learning sets
- Learning about how to collaborate better
What will not be funded?
- Ongoing costs
- Lead organisation: must be a charity, social enterprise or community group
- Partner organisations: can be any sector
- Partnership mix: 50% minimum of charities, social enterprises or community groups
- Lead organisations has a bank account in the organisations name
How much funding is allocated?
£20,000 per round has been allocated (up to a maximum of £5,000 per application)
Small groups & organisations (under £40k turnover): 25% of what is requested.
Large groups & organisations: 100% of what is requested.
In kind contributions are valid, but will be down to the discretion of the Network of Networks.
Note on £40k turnover threshold: this will be the average across the collaboration.
Trust & relationships: How does the proposal promote the building of positive trusting relationships?
Collaboration & inclusion: How does the proposal promote collaboration and the inclusion of a wide range of different types of people?
Taking risks & innovating: How is the proposal trying something new so that learning can be maximised?
Learning through doing: How is the proposal seeking to learn from the work?
Timescales & Process
31st October OPEN
30th November DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
10th December Network of Networks decision making
17th December Notification of results
31st January OPEN
28th February DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
TBC March Network of Networks decision making
TBC March Notification of results
1st May OPEN
29th May DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
TBC June Network of Networks decision making
TBC June Notification of results