This membership is open to grassroots groups and voluntary, community & social enterprise organisations.
This membership is open to individuals.
This membership is open to statutory or business organisations.
Grassroots and community groups and organisations are built from residents and citizens. They create community solutions to localised problems and we saw the sheer effective of this during the pandemic. We also know the impact they have on those intractable long term problems such as social isolation and loneliness. They naturally bring people together and are naturally relationally based. Not reliant on hierarchical control they operate to effectively galvanise, host and anchor resident and citizen efforts.
In this way, they effectively and efficiently tackle all the critical issues we face from crime to health inequality. And we need more of them.
For these reasons you may wish to contribute to keep POP in place and continuing to effectively build this action.
In addition, you may wish to speak to us about:
- Creating bespoke training for community groups on subjects you wish to cover.
- Distributing funding in ways that promote collaboration alongside capacity building support to reach the smallest groups and nourishes the richness of community spirit.
- Communicating key messages through our newsletters and social media.
- Supporting network development for groups you wish to engage with.
- Supporting development of peer approaches.
We recognise that large organisations may not benefit directly from POPs support. We are giving an alternative – you can contribute in other ways towards supporting POP to support grassroots activity this will allow us to continuously provide our members with valuable benefits and actively develop our community.
Please choose accordingly below.