- Diverse Events CIC
- The Village Hub
- Tamar View Community Centre
All three organisations have run events well in Plymouth and will continue with their tried and tested formats, however, we will develop collectively, sharing resources, buying-power, and assets with the aim of reducing expenditure which can be redirected at increasing the level of event delivered, which in turn increases community cohesion.
Measurable outcomes include:
– Increase community cohesion by increasing attendees to the free-to-attend events with collaborative marketing
– Create a more financially sustainable event by reducing expenditure
– Reduce expenditure by sharing marketing and assets
– Reduce expenditure by working together to increase purchasing power
Once the events have been delivered, we will review our collaborative work and produce a report (hosted on both The Village Hub website and Diverse Events CIC website), showing that if community events work collaboratively across the city, it will save them money (the biggest barrier to overcome with events!) as well as increase community cohesion. This evidence could lead to the re-establishment of the ‘Plymouth Events Committee’ where many community events can meet and work together to truly benefit Plymouth’s communities.