How do we use £30k to support our membership at this difficult time:
• What issue/s do we focus on?
• How do organisations access the funding?
• Who makes the decisions?
Click here to find out more.
- Never directly compete
- Always lead collaborative bids
- Aim to distribute at 50% beyond the ‘boundary’ of POP+ into the sector
- People’s Postcode Lottery – £60k – 100% give directly to Essence, Local Spark Torbay & Plymouth Social Enterprise Network
- Barrow Cadbury Connect Fund – £30k – 100% on POP+ capacity
- High Streets Heritage Action Zone
- PCC Grant – 100% on POP+ capacity
- Health Communities Together
- TNLCF Covid Funding
- Sport England innovation open call
- TNLCF Emerging Futures
POP+ is publishing key data:
- Financial data. Below you will see our income and expenditure, the spending breakdown for the Esmée Fairbairn funds and the funding applications we’ve made over the last year.
- Funding information. Click here to see all the funding applications we have made.
- Activity and impact information. Click here to find out what we achieve with and for you.
Esmée Fairbairn awarded Plymouth £1,300,000 in 2017 and asked POP+ to take responsibility for ensuring the funds were spent to achieve the following outcomes:
- The needs of people in Plymouth are more effectively addressed
- The quality and capacity of the local voluntary sector is improved
- More effective and equal partnership working between voluntary, public and private sectors to achieve change in the city
Last year POP+ spent time taking these outcomes and a lot of parallel work and conversations to develop our purpose statement.
We try to spend over 50% in direct funding support into the voluntary sector. Below is how we are doing against that aspiration.
|Actual to date||Predicted to March 2023|
|POP+ Capacity||50%||POP+ Capacity||45%|
So far we have spent:
A full breakdown can be found here.
We expect to have to spend about £130,000 per year on POP+ core capacity. This capacity covers:
- POP ideas
- Network support
- Event support and organisation
- Strategic connection and system leadership
- Learning support for grant funded work