- Public speaking (practice)
- Preparation and refinement of your content
- Consideration of any props, visuals and technology required
- Timed practice in presenting your own content/presentation/pitch
- Tutor and peer review and feedback
You’ll leave with:
- Increased knowledge and confidence in designing, creating, and delivering an effective presentation or pitch
- Increased awareness of strategies that can help to reduce ‘performance nerves’ and to fire up required adrenalin to be ‘on show’
- Ability to identify the key elements that make up a strong memorable presentation
- Ability to list 8 types of presentation style or format, and be able to select the most appropriate to use in designing their presentation or pitch
This workshop is part of POP ideas’ themed “Making Some Noise” events.
This workshop is delivered by Susan Moores. Susan is a POP associate and has worked in voluntary sector, community and youth work settings since 1990. As a manager, youth worker, community worker, trainer, facilitator and organisational development consultant, in paid roles and has always chosen to volunteer in direct delivery, as a Trustee or Company Director alongside. Susan has worked in Bristol, Wiltshire, Kenya and Ghana, and in her time in Plymouth Susan made a significant contribution to the development of POP from 2013 -2019.
Attendees representing a Plymouth community group or organisation will have their £10.00 deposit refunded in full after attending.