This workshop is an introduction to writing a successful funding bid. It will cover:
- Identifying the 5 W’s and an H – Susan’s formula for successful bid writing
- Top tips to getting words onto paper
- Thinking through the outcomes that result from your activities
- Creation of budget headings and allocating costs
At the end of this workshop, participants will leave with:
- The ability to describe clearly the “what, when and where”, and have more ideas on the “who” and “why”
- Increased confidence to answer the questions being asked by the funder
- Increased knowledge of where to search for evidence to support their idea, project or activity
- Greater understanding of the distinction between an output and an outcome
- The ability to identify at least 6 relevant budget headings
Part of POP ideas’ “Improving Your Chances of Getting Funding” events, equipping groups and organisations with skills and knowledge in all areas of income generation and social impact.
This workshop is delivered by Susan Moores. Susan is a POP associate and has worked in voluntary sector, community and youth work settings since 1990. As a manager, youth worker, community worker, trainer, facilitator and organisational development consultant, in paid roles and has always chosen to volunteer in direct delivery, as a Trustee or Company Director alongside. Susan has worked in Bristol, Wiltshire, Kenya and Ghana, and in her time in Plymouth Susan made a significant contribution to the development of POP from 2013 -2019.