This workshop is an introduction to writing and submitting a successful funding bid. Susan will work with you to clarify your responses to What, Who, When, Where and Why, thinking through how your idea best meets needs in the community, and how to get those ideas down into an application form.
Susan will also look more closely at refining draft funding applications and preparing them for submission, by assessing examples of applications and looking out for mistakes, best practice, and strong bid writing.
You’ll leave having learnt about:
- Effectively answering the questions being asked by the funder
- The distinction between outputs and outcomes
- How to consider costs and create budget headings
You’ll also leave with:
- Increased confidence and practice in assessing example applications
- Increased skills in scanning funders information about their gateway and detailed criteria
- Improved confidence in linking evidence based, strongly worded responses to the funders’ questions
- Greater knowledge about linking project activities – indicators – outputs and outcomes, with inputs: resources and costs/budgets
This is a face-to-face workshop at a community venue TBC in Plymouth.
Part of POP ideas’ themed “Improving Your Chances of Getting Funding” events, designed to equip groups and organisations with skills and knowledge in all areas of income generation and social impact.
This workshop is delivered by Susan Moores. Susan is a POP associate and has worked in voluntary sector, community and youth work settings since 1990. As a manager, youth worker, community worker, trainer, facilitator and organisational development consultant, in paid roles and has always chosen to volunteer in direct delivery, as a Trustee or Company Director alongside. Susan has worked in Bristol, Wiltshire, Kenya and Ghana, and in her time in Plymouth Susan made a significant contribution to the development of POP from 2013 -2019.
Attendees representing a Plymouth community group or organisation will have their £10.00 deposit refunded in full after attending.