Devon & Cornwall Refugee Support
Review Date: January 2024
Responsible to: CEO
Contract length: 1 year from the start of the contact
Closing date: Monday 9th January 2023
Days: 3 days per week – flexible working pattern
Pay: £22,350 pro rata
Responsible for: Volunteers
Main function of the role: To manage all elements of volunteering within the organisation.
The role involves assessing and meeting an organisation’s needs through the recruitment, placement, training, management and retention of volunteers.
- Keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering making any necessary changes.
- Generate appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation.
- Interview and recruit volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for their position
- Act as a Safeguarding Lead for the volunteers, managing any incidents and reporting them to the CEO
- Create training packages to suit each role and carry out training
- Organise rotas, provide inductions and liaise with staff
- Monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers and their work particular through chairing volunteer meetings, circulating minutes and ensuring any relevant action is taken.
- Maintain accurate records and database of volunteers and other administration tasks including DBS checks
- Offer advice and information to volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact
- Work in conjunction with the CEO to deal with volunteer complaints or grievances.
- Work with external organisations and partner agencies to establish good working partnerships and build collaborative projects
- Attend any external meetings as directed by the CEO providing feedback and reports where necessary
- Manage quarterly volunteer meetings
This list of duties is not exhaustive – the jobholder may be required to undertake other duties as required by the CEO within the general scope and level of the post.