Whitleigh Community Trust has a new job opportunity to develop and support
our community Allotment in Whitleigh, Plymouth.
• Allotment Garden support worker 12hrs. per week for 1 year initially.
• Salary range £10.50 – £12 per hour depending on experience.
Application deadline is 5pm on the 6th of February 2023
We are looking for someone to join our Whitleigh Green connectors team, helping to
develop and support the Whitleigh Community Allotment. No experience is needed,
however the enthusiasm to learn gardening and growing skills is an essential
requirement as well as being happy to work outside in all weathers.
Key to this post is the ability to build kind relationships with residents and visitors that
encourage people to get involved. Alongside the practical skills needed to maintain a
This post has developed out of long-term community-building work in Whitleigh by
Whitleigh Community Trust (a locally rooted, asset- based community development
Charity) and Whitleigh Big Local (a locally rooted youth and community work
organisation). Our Vision for a ‘greener’ Whitleigh is to develop our community into
a place where all feel welcome, all feel that they belong and all feel that they can
flourish, whatever their background to create a caring resilient community. This post
forms a key part of that vision.
What is involved in the role?
• Provide a friendly welcoming space for volunteers and visitors, so they want
• To assist the Project Leader in coordinating volunteer gardening sessions.
• To support the volunteers to develop the site in line with the relevant plans
• To share knowledge of our plants, vegetables and herbs within the allotment.
• To undertake duties for the general maintenance of the allotment.
• To help with the monitoring and evaluation of the work.
• Keep on top of weekly gardening jobs.
• To undertake training if needed.
• The willingness to work within, and to uphold, the values and principles of
Whitleigh Community Trust.
What’s in it for you?
• Joining a friendly and welcoming team.
• All outdoor clothing/equipment will be supplied.
• Gaining new skills and knowledge.
• Invitations to social occasions and making friends.
• Full training and on-going support.
We would like people to join our team who are;
• Friendly, outgoing, approachable and who like meeting new people.
• Have a can-do attitude.
• Ability to be empathetic and caring.
• A team player but also confident to work on own initiative.
• Punctual and reliable to ensure a good experience for all involved.
• Be able to work occasional weekends.
• Post to commence in March for one year.
• Flexible working, 12 h/week.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further or would like an
application pack, please contact either.
Pippa on 07725868807 – email email@example.com. Or
Joanna on 07375072601 – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.