Website Friends and Families of Special Children
Supports families of children with additional needs
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE: The Finance Coordinator’s role is responsible for supporting our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with day-to-day accounting procedures. These responsibilities include maintaining records for all transactions, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports, processing payroll and reimbursements.
The Financial Coordinator will be a professional and experienced individual capable of managing a varied list of tasks. This position entails liaising with the teams across the charity hand assisting them with the preparation of financial planning and reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
General Duties, responsibilities, and tasks
Maintenance of Financial Records, including:
· Monthly review of all P&L and Balance Sheet codes, completion of postings and preparation of schedules and reconciliations relating to management account figures
· Review and balance the purchase ledger, create payment runs on a weekly basis
· Sales invoicing, with input from the CEO
· Review and balance the sales ledger, create reports for the purposes of credit control
· Preparation of payroll, backup schedules and workings with input and review by CEO
· Preparation and submission of VAT returns to HMRC, including checking backup documents and correcting tax codes where necessary
· Assist in preparing finance related schedules, for example relating to grant projects, R&D claims, and statutory accounts
· General support for the wider team, being a first port of call for finance queries from customers, suppliers, and team members
· Financial analysis, with input from the CEO
· Coordinating the systems set up for accounts payable, holiday accumulation and payroll.
· Monitoring cash flow.
· Ensuring Friends and Families meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statuary accounting and tax issues.
Person Specification/Skills Required
· Demonstrable experience of working successfully as a Finance Administrator, Finance coordinator, or similar role
· Previous experience of accounting, payroll, coordination and administration of systems and processes within an organisation.
Skills, Ability & Attitude
· A completer.
· Creative, engaging, and energetic.
· A flexible approach to meeting the needs of the workforce as it develops, a
willingness to continually adapt to change.
· Ability to make judgements involving a straightforward facts or situations, some of
which require analysis.
· Problem solving skills.
· Monitoring & evaluation skills.
· Organisational & administrative skills.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· Integrity, honesty and loyalty to the aspirations of Friends.
Knowledge and Qualifications
· AAT Level 3 qualification (or working towards, having completed Level 2)
· Relevant Further Education level qualifications (e.g., A levels NVQ 3)
· Hands on experience with accounting software (such as QuickBooks).
· Administrative Procedures & systems – manual & IT based
· Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets or MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts using financial functions)
· Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures
· A good understanding of the importance of equal opportunities and health & safety in the workplace
Working days and hours are negotiable. We support hybrid and flexible working so, although we would like you to be in the office at least once or twice a week to collaborate with the team, you can choose how often and when you want to come in. You can also flex your start and finish time around yours and your family’s needs. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.