Website ArgyleTrust Argyle Community Trust
Argyle Community Trust
Position: Health and Wellbeing Programme Lead
Offices: Home Park, Outland Road , Plymouth PL2 3DQ
Manadon Sports Hub, 121 St Peter’s Road, PL5 3JG
Salary: £22,640 – £24,259 per annum plus benefits
Contract: Full-time Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reports to: Health and Wellbeing Manager
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th May 5pm
Benefits and Opportunities
We aim to ensure we look after our staff welfare and provide fair opportunities across the charity. Argyle Community Trust offers incentives & progression based on key performance indicators, appraisals and added value to the Trust.
- Access to auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Relevant qualifications and training
- Free ticket for staff member for EFL home games at Home Park Stadium
- Reduced price ticketing for additional family member for EFL home games at Home Park Stadium
- An opportunity to buy back on holidays
- Free access to courses for your children (immediate family) across Argyle Community Trust provisions
- One day in the year to undertake CPD shadow training at another employer
- Club Kit
- Holiday allowance based on service, after 5 years of service your holiday entitlement will increase by 1 day each year, enabling you to increase your holiday allowance by up to 4 days
- Private healthcare after two years of service, not contractual but based on how the charity performs
Role Dependent Benefits
The Trust will also consider individual requirements needed to complete a role including:
- Work mobile phone with some allowance for personal usage
- Use of company vehicle for work purposes only
- Car Allowance
At Argyle Community Trust (ACT) we are proud of our current health and well-being programmes and the benefits that these bring to individuals in the local community. We are now looking to recruit a Health & Wellbeing Programme Lead to oversee and manage health provisions within the department. The successful candidate will be an individual who enjoys motivating others, being out and about in their local community and who can make a positive difference to the lives of people across Plymouth. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing health and wellbeing through sports and activities-for-all within the relevant region(s) and will be involved in the growth, retention and increasing the range of opportunities within these areas.
As a registered charity, the Community Trust works, in close conjunction with Plymouth Argyle Football Club, with many people across several sectors where sport has proven to be the ideal tool for creating lasting engagement with individuals.
Based in Plymouth, the post-holder will oversee and be a lead deliver on a range of programmes within the Health & Wellbeing department. These programmes include:
- FIT Fans – 12-week lifestyle and weight management programme for males and females aged 35 – 65 with the aim of losing weight, improving eating and drinking habits, and increasing activity levels.
- Argyle FIT – 5 a-side weight loss football league where goals are scored for losing weight
- Walking Football – Walking version of football aimed getting over 50s back into playing
- Extra Time Hub – Project that aims to reduce isolation and increase activity levels amongst over 50s
- Armed Forces Veterans – Sports and physical activity programme aimed at Veterans.
The Health & Wellbeing Programme Lead will manage the development of these programmes to ensure participants receive high quality delivery and will be responsible for working alongside current partners as well as creating new partners and implementing new activities and projects from our facilities.
The successful candidate must have good, in-depth knowledge of health and physical activity delivery, sports development and community engagement initiatives as well as excelling at partnership working. Experience of delivering sport and physical activity programmes to vulnerable adults in a wide range of settings is essential.
The post-holder must be able to manage multiple projects to achieve performance KPIs and work as both part of a team or on an individual basis to meet deadlines in line with contracts and programmes that the Trust is responsible for delivering. An understanding of the importance of monitoring and evaluation is required in order to help develop the Trust’s reports and feedback to its key partners.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Design, plan and deliver a range of high-quality health and wellbeing sessions which are accessible to variety of ages and target groups.
- Recruit participants through planned promotional events, campaigns and contacts designed to encourage local people to attend health and wellbeing provisions.
- Monitor and evaluate health and wellbeing projects evidencing the reach and impact of the programmes, ensuring all KPIs, targets and outcomes for projects are completed.
- Develop and maintain current partnerships, identifying and developing opportunities for extending strands of work encouraging more people into health and wellbeing provisions.
– Fulfil the role of lead deliver on the Trust’s Fit Fans and Argyle FIT programmes, taking responsibility for all aspects of project recruitment, retention, delivery and impact measurement
– Support and lead on the delivery of a variety of other health & wellbeing projects such as Extra Time, Armed Forces Veterans programme, walking football, and mental health provisions
– Manage and deliver promotional plans that encourage people to attend health and wellbeing provisions
– Provide a high level of customer care and deal with all compliments, comments, complaints and enquiries politely and efficiently
– Be willing to work some evenings and occasional weekends to meet the demands of the job.
– To work with and support service users to identify and overcome barriers to participation amongst target audiences, through the development of positive and beneficial working relationships with service users
– Contribute to and support the development of positive relationships with partners ensuring each programme within the health and wellbeing department is delivered as impactfully as possible
– Identify and develop revenue streams and opportunities to develop strands of work that encourage more people into health and wellbeing provisions
– Liaise with existing partners and develop new partners to retain and expand our business
– Increase provision and participant numbers as per development plan set out by the Trust.
Impact and Reporting
– Complete all data entry for participants as well as administrative duties within the health & wellbeing programmes
– Continually monitor and evaluate all sessions, activities and programmes and adapt delivery accordingly
– Work with the Impact team to ensure correct monitoring procedures are undertaken and that all M&E information is collected provided to the Impact Team as requested by the remit manager.
Quality and Compliance
– Promote Equality and Diversity in all tasks undertaken, upholding Argyle Community Trust’s EDI policy and ensuring the principles are put into practice
– Participate in Quality Assurance checks in order to maintain high standards and meet best practice
– Operate under ACT’s Health & Safety and Safeguarding procedures and liaise with the Designated Safeguarding Officer when appropriate, ensuring risk assessments are in place and delivery is compliant with Trust and FA policies
– Participate in Argyle Community Trust CPD to support own development and development of others as well as contributing to and taking part in training updates and CPD events
– Develop healthy relationships with other staff to allow for a culture of constructive feedback, debate and discussions around personal development.
– Represent ACT through attendance at all relevant national training events/meetings.
– Support in the delivery of other programmes within the Trust when necessary and work from alternative locations if required
– Maintain and organise kit and equipment taking responsibility for efficient use and careful husbandry of resources and Trust property and ensuring logs and inventories are kept up to date.
If you can meet the specifications and would like to become part of the Argyle Community Trust team, please complete our online application form https://forms.gle/Lr5x7kHHEndy7jAL6.
In your covering letter you should draw on relevant aspects of your experience, including paid employment and voluntary work or training to demonstrate how your skills, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this job specification.
If you would like further information or wish to discuss the post contact Actrecruitment@pafc.co.uk
For more information about the work of Argyle Community Trust and our strategic aims visit https://argylecommunitytrust.co.uk/about-us/.
Download Health and Wellbeing Programme Lead Job Description.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.