Our current position
We currently have four main funding streams:
- £250 a POP – micro grants up to £250
- Street-to-Scale – up to £1,000 for any group of individuals
- Network grants – we have up to £1,000 for Neighbourhood Care Network and further funding is to be decided.
- POP Collectives – up to £5,000 for any group of organisations
The aspirations of the Challenge Fund identified above now sit well within the two co-design processes we are leading on. Across our funds we use:
- Open submissions – they are placed on our website and sent out to our members with the aim to reduce competition and duplication.
- Peer advice to increase relationships and generous leadership.
- Slack and WhatsApp for open communication to ensure participation, transparency and inclusion.
- Open Collective for financial transparency and wider accountability.
- A role internal to POP (Learning Champion) to learn alongside and with those that are funded.
We believe that a critical underpinning is the development of a digital civic platform that can manage collaborative journeys, participation and the funding that fuels this. With Our Plymouth, POP believes that whilst the current digital platforms deliver a useful level of functionality, we will be catapulted forward on this journey if we have a civic focussed digital platform that connects across citizens, networks and funders.
We are collaborating
The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation have been supporting this work from the start and recently we have welcomed Power to Change and the Blagrave Trust to work with us, expand our thinking, challenge our work and achieve our goals.
We are working with the Social Change Agency and their Accountable service to support us to maintain an effective balance between due diligence and flexible use of financial transparency.
We are working with Ratio who deliver the support for Street-to-Scale.
The New Economics Foundation is speaking to others who have taken first steps to funding differently and we will use this to learn and input into our processes.
We find that the diversity in perspective helps and challenges us and not rest on assumptions.
Join us on the journey.