Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in the Street-to-Scale fund; for being willing to try something new and to those who have collaborated to bring about change in their communities. You have helped to trial a radical way of enabling funding to reach people.
What is Street-to-Scale?
POP is working with Ratio, a CIC based in London, who set up Street-to-Scale to test a method of funding based on trust and relationships.
Street-to-Scale offers up to £1000 to help people bring about positive change in their communities, for their communities.
You decide on how you wish to bring about change in your community, and seek other like-minded individuals to get ideas flowing, trust and momentum building as you gather around a social mission which you all care about.
We do not need to know a spending plan – we trust you to decide.
This fund is designed for groups of individuals not for existing organisations or established groups.
- Decide on a mission – what you’d like to do to improve your community and then spread the word.
- You can form a group of up to ten individuals.
- Text Sarah from Ratio CIC on 07842 043399, you will receive instructions on how to access the £1000.
- Street-to-Scale is designed for individuals and informal groups of people keen to take action to support change in their community.
- The money must be spent within eight weeks.
- There is no application form.
- All communication is via WhatsApp.
- Street-to-Scale is designed to enable you to work with minimal contact and involvement from organisations such as POP.
We know that people have ideas about their communities; we know that people are ready to put them into action and that they may just need a little bit of money to get things started.
POP wants to enable funding to get into the heart of our communities. POP believes that people can be trusted to make the right decisions with, and for, the communities in which they live.
Street-to-Scale has been set up to pioneer ways of funding within (and for) communities and to test and learn from these new methods.
More about Street-to-Scale
Believing that local people know best about how to tackle local issues this is an innovative way of funding reaching citizens. We are learning through doing, and making changes as we go along, tweaking the process.
Street-to-Scale funding opened in Plymouth in July 2019 and within weeks, POP had received more than fifty expressions of interest. Twenty-five Street-to-Scale banks were set up and completed, with a further seven, youth-led banks made possible with funding via Ratio CIC from the Tudor Trust.
Street-to-Scale is designed to reach deeper into communities to citizens and it’s all about trust.