Date(s) - 24/03/2020
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tired of getting stuck looking at the problem? This two-day course will leave you thinking and working in a powerful new way. It may change your life.
The ideas, values and skills of solution-focused communication are helpful to anyone who works with people: the focus moves away from the problem towards preferred futures, strengths, resilience and competencies, progress already made, and possibilities.
The power of this approach has long been evidenced in helping services, community work and schools, but is becoming recognised also in personnel management, organisational development, and coaching.
Solution-focused communication is a “non-expert” approach to helping and change work. That is, it’s not based on the notion that the worker knows best. There’s a paradox here, though, in that to learn to function as an effective, truly non-expert practitioner takes some expertise.
This course offers new communication skills and fosters personal & professional development, and will be useful to anyone who works with people – particularly those who support others through problems and change (e.g. workers in social care and housing support settings, mental health workers, community workers and health staff) and staff / team / organisation managers etc.
By the end of this two-day workshop you will:
- Have a working knowledge of the philosophy, value base, and key tools and techniques of solution-focused communication
- Have experience of a solution-focused conversation, both as worker and client
- Have insight into how the learning can be applied and sustained in your individual work context
- Have an action plan and an immediate first step for consolidating and building on the learning, and for your future use of solution-focused communication
- Know about the local networks for keeping in touch with solution-focused workers
Bookings close Monday 9th March.