We are very pleased to announce the theme and dates for the 2021 Social Enterprise City Festival. This year’s festival has been designed and planned by one of our first Action Groups – a collection of members just like you who want help make the festival a highlight in the city’s calendar.
We are in the Decade of Action to rise to the challenge of meeting the SDGs by 2030. Are you working towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Is your project, enterprise or organisation taking progressive action to put people and planet first?
PSEN’s upcoming Social Enterprise Festival for 2021 is aiming to highlight this and the amazing work being carried out locally. We are looking for local active projects, groups or organisations who are taking action towards one or more of the 17 SDGs to showcase what you are up to through running a workshop, event, talk or participatory session at this year’s Festival. This could be anything from a 1-hour event to a half-day workshop.
Could this be you? Would you like to add to Plymouth’s story of progressive change and showcase how you are making a difference whilst engaging new audiences?
We are looking to demonstrate what we need to do, why it’s important and how to take local action towards the global goals. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
The holistic SDGs range from tackling poverty, hunger and inequality through to climate action on a thriving and healthy planet whilst focusing on good health, wellbeing and ensuring equal opportunities for all. For more information on the SDGs and to find out what all 17 goals are visit https://sdgs.un.org/goals
Things you need to know!
In keeping with our ever changing world and the forward facing, solution focused nature of social enterprise there are some core changes to the festival and how it will work.
- It will be run over 2 weeks to allow more spacing between events, meaning you can attend more events without it impacting your working week!
- We’ll be doing a blend of face to face and online events. We’re also investigated blended events that allow for multiple attendance methods!
- The event will be bigger than previous years but we’ll be crowdfunding to allow us to continue offering the workshops and events for free whenever possible.
- We will be looking to include more events that focus on upskilling and empowering you to make the changes you need for a more sustainable future. (We will still have the connecting and networking opportunities too)
- We will be looking for people to support us with sharing the crowdfunder updates, as well as businesses who can offer rewards. If you’d like to support the festival in this way then we’d love to hear from you.
- You can still be a sponsor of the festival, all of the regular sponsorship packages will be available on the crowdfunder (giving you even more exposure) and we’ve added a friend of the festival package this year at only £50.
We hope that you are as excited as we are about the changes, and we want to reassure you that it will still be a celebration of social enterprise and a chance for you to run, host and attend events that will strengthen your connections, your skills base and build your business.