POP believes that transparency leads to greater accountability, involvement and better decision making. We are testing a new way of working and publishing data. The thinking behind this is that to make good decisions we need to have good data, and this data needs to be open because who knows where the critical insight may come from? And of course as members you will want to know what POP is doing. We also need to know what decisions have been made in the past, and what we have learnt from them.
See here for our Grant Giving Data
See here for our Management Accounts
See here for our Activity Data
See here for our Decision making & governance – Plymouth Octopus
Submitting funding applications
POP’s purpose is to build strong grassroots organisations, charities and social enterprises by supporting them to work together and take a lead role in creating change. This means we must prioritise members interests over our own. This can prove a tricky balance when funding and livelihoods are involved. The way we manage this is by operating by a ‘rule of thumb’:
- Never directly compete
- Always lead collaborative bids
- Aim to distribute at 50% beyond the ‘boundary’ of POP into the sector
In our next step we wish to make all this transparent so our judgements can be seen by everyone that wishes to.
Wherever you think you wish to get involved please contact us.
- People’s Postcode Lottery – £60k – 100% give directly to Essence, Local Spark Torbay & Plymouth Social Enterprise Network
- Barrow Cadbury Connect Fund – £30k – 100% on POP+ capacity
- High Streets Heritage Action Zone
PCC Grant – 100% on POP capacity
- Healthy Communities Together – £450,000 – budget can be found here New ways of working | Belong in Plymouth
Funding applications in progress